中山英语 : there are still conditionsfor them to meet to b
(10) When we considerhow language has changed over time we are looking at it from a_____ point of view.
【解析】Agreement orconcord is defined as the requirement that the forms of two or morewords of specific word classes that stand in specific syntacticrelationship with one another., shall also be characterized by thesame paradigmatically marked category (or categories).
(9) _____ refers to theway that a word has a form appropriate to the number or gender ofthe noun or pronoun it relates to.
【解析】The elements of asentence can be linked grammatically by means of relative clause, acase system, prepositions and particles.
(8) The means employedby a language to indicate the relationship between the elements ofa sentence include _____ _____, a case system, prepositions andparticles.
【解析】Language is asystem of arbitrary vocal symbols used for humancommunication.
(7) Language is a formof human communication by means of a system of _____ principallytransmitted by vocal sounds.
其实conditionsfor【解析】Embedding refersto the means by which one clause is included in the sentence (mainclause) in syntactic subordination.
(6) Embedding is the_____ of one clause within another.
北京英语一对一 【解析】Thoughperformatives cannot be true or false, there are still conditionsfor them to meet to be appropriate or felicitous. These conditionsare called felicity conditions.
(5) A _____ conditionis a condition that must apply before an utterance can constitute aspeech act.
conditionsfor【解析】A word is cognatewith another if both derive from the same word in an ancestrallanguage.
(4) Cognates are wordsthat have a _____ etymological origin.
still【解析】Receivedpronunciation is an accent of Standard English in the UnitedKingdom, and is defined as “the standard accent of English asspoken in the south of England”.
(3) _____ _____ is theaccent of Standard English in the United Kingdom, with arelationship to regional accents similar to the relationship inother European languages between their standard varieties and theirregional forms.
meet【解析】Morphology isconcerned with the internal organization of words. It studies theminimal units of meaning- morphemes and word -formation processes.Syntax is the study of the rules governing the ways differentconstituents are combined to form sentences in a language, or thestudy of the interrelationships between elements in sentencestructure.
(2) A principaldistinction between morphology and syntax is that the former isconcerned with the internal composition of a word, whereas thelatter is concerned with _____ of words.
conditionsfor【解析】Linguistics isthe scientific study of language.
(1) When languagesshare major features that transcend families it may be useful toarrange them by such features rather than by family. This is thestudy of _____.
2. Fill in thefollowing blanks. (10 points)
Example: see /si/;below / b'l/
1. Transcribe thefollowing words into IPA symbols, with stress marking wherenecessary. (20 points)
外贸 英语 事实上杭州英孚少儿英语